CIL iPAD COMPETITION JANUARY-JUNE 2017 - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, AFSL 230859, trading as CIL Insurance, of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000 (“the Promoter”). Please direct any postal correspondence to Level 35, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4. The Competition as a whole is made up of two (2) component competitions (being Competition 1 and Competition 2, and each is referred to as a “single competition”). The entry period ("Entry Period") and draw date for each single competition is specified in the table below. Except as otherwise stated, the terms and conditions of entry into each single competition are identical. Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
5. To enter Competition 1 and/or Competition 2, Eligible Entrants must do one of the following during the relevant Entry Period:
a) To enter at an event during which the Promoter is in attendance, an Eligible Entrant must fully complete the Promoter’s entry form including First Name, Last Name, and Email address, nominate whether they are an existing customer, and tick the box agreeing to the terms and conditions and to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications; or
b) To enter via the internet, an Eligible Entrant must use a compatible browser to visit cilinsurance.com.au (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to complete the online entry form. To obtain an entry into the Competition, the Eligible Entrant must fully complete the entry form including First Name, Last Name, and Email address, nominate whether they are an existing customer, and tick the boxes agreeing to the terms and conditions and to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications./p>
6. It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications.
7. Entry by an Eligible Entrant into Competition 1 during the Entry Period will also automatically result in entry into Competition 2, unless the Eligible Entrant has already won a Prize. Entries are limited to one per person.
8. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name.. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
9. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
10. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
11. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
12. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZES
14. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at Frank Moore Advertising, Suite 8, 5 Bay Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
15.There are 4 prizes to be won as follows
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO THE PRIZES GENERALLY
16. The total prize pool is valued at $2,916 AUD including GST as at 23 November 2016. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
17. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
18. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
19. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
20. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
21. The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by email, using the details provided in their entry.
22. The prize will be sent by registered post to the winner(s) at their nominated Australian address within 28 days of the draw.
23. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
24. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at the Competition Website within 7 days of each Prize being won for a minimum period of 28 days.
25. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner within 3 months of the draw for the Prize; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place as indicated below at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website within 2 weeks of the draw. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by email using the details provided in their entry.
26. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
28. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
31. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
33. Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the CIL Insurance brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
34. 34. Competition permit NSW LTPS/16/09944.